Have you considered a paperless future? Can you imagine a business without paper?
Constellation1 Solutions has created a vision to take the business into the paperless future! The environmental impact of paper production, processing, and distribution, as well as the business costs and efficiency losses of using paper, has been a driving factor for Constellation1 Solutions business model and product offering.
Consider some of the environmental impacts of using paper in our business:
- Cutting trees that release oxygen for our environment
- Energy usage and release of harmful gases in pulp and paper industry
- Fuel consumption by air, rail, and road transport distributing reams of paper
Fuel consumption sending paper documents via ground & air courier services
- Manufacturing printers, ink and toner cartridges
Consider the following facts about the paper and ink industry:
- Paper consumption has tripled since 1960 and Americans generate 85 million tons of paper into the waste stream
- The U.S. pulp and paper industry is the 2nd largest consumer of energy
- EPA estimates that more than 400 million ink and 100 million toner cartridges end up in landfills each year
- The average U.S. officer worker prints 10,000 pages per year
Consider the environmental impact of just 10 million pages:
- 2,500 trees
- 56,000 gallons of oil
- 450 cubic yards of landfill space
- 595,000 KW (kilowatts) of energy
(Data Source: www.epa.gov)
So why is there still this perceived need for paper in the business workflow? Many people still believe that legally binding documents must be signed with wet ink signatures. As a result, this leads to printing masses of paper that are couriered to customer locations, signed and stored in filing cabinets and vaults. However, legislation has been passed to legalize and enforce electronic signatures. It is no longer uncommon to sign for a credit card purchase at a store or receive a FEDEX shipment by signing on an electronic pad that records your wet electronic signature. Using software technologies that capture your wet electronic signature just makes business sense!
The Paperless Future
A number of technologies have emerged that is changing our business culture and trend. Social media tools like blogs, discussion boards, instant messaging, Facebook, and YouTube are drawing people into reading information online, interacting, sharing documents and photos. Popular among the younger generation, these tools are also being used by businesses to distribute electronic materials, develop training, seminars, and distribute company news and presentations.
Hardware technologies such as tablet PCs and cell phones allow for the creation, manipulation and distribution of electronic documents. Software technologies such as electronic fax, email transmission, document management, secure backup and online storage are creating a strong case for removing the clutter and shuffle of paper in the workflow. Packaging the hardware and software technologies into a unique mobile computing solution allows businesses and individuals to be mobile, to be green and go paperless.
A number of benefits are achieved by going paperless:
- Reduce business cost associated with paper, printers, copiers, fax machines, ink and toner cartridges
- Eliminate filing cabinets and reduce office space
- Conduct business in a mobile environment resulting in faster responses to customers
- Increase the efficiency of your staff by removing the time spent searching for and sending documents
- Present a professional image to your customers with mobile computing solutions
- Create faster business workflow by eliminating the time wasted on getting paper signatures on contracts and forms that need to be hand-delivered
- Secure backup of all documents
- Real-time updates and delivery of documents
- Conduct business environmentally friendly and brag about it
- And much more…
Our Green Commitment
Constellation1 Solutions, Inc. is a hi-tech company built around delivering the latest in total paper-free Computing Business Solutions backed by leading-edge service and support with our Global Eco-System in mind. Our software solutions are environmentally friendly and eliminate the need for paper-based solutions. This saves trees, protects our environment, and allows you to be more productive by saving time and money with every transaction executed.